Delivering for Florida's Families
The 2022 legislative session has now come to an end. Throughout the 2021 & 2022 sessions, Allison cut through the partisan politics and led multiple efforts to deliver real results for all Floridians.
Here’s a recap of all the bills she’s already passed in her first term as State Representative.
HB 15 supports our children with disabilities in pursuing their education.
A compassionate and fierce advocate, Allison Tant is running for the State House because she knows those without a voice or facing great odds can and should have a fair and fighting chance to build a good life for themselves and their families.
HB 55 paves the path towards better assistive technology.
This legislation revises the membership and fundraising rules for the Assistive Technology Advisory Council, to better assist you and encourage assistive technology.
HB 117 directs the Agency for Persons with Disabilities to create roadmaps for every person with a disability and their family.
This legislation ensures that persons with disabilities, their guardians, and their families understand the resources available for education, careers, Social Security Disability, and more. This ensures that individuals with a disability and their loved ones know which resources they should explore in order to maximize their lives to achieve maximum success.
Watch Allison’s 2022 Legislative Highlight
HB 173 strengthens the workforce path for individuals with disabilities.
With this legislation, career planning for children with disabilities will begin in middle school. Individual education plans (IEPs) for students with disabilities will include information on career and post-secondary education options.
Specialty License Plate bill will provide much-needed funding for Florida parks and infrastructure.
The legislation includes a specialty license plate benefitting infrastructure, wildlife habitats, and accessibility in Florida’s parks.
Additional co-sponsored bills
- Protecting Consumers Against Pandemic-related Fraud
- Students with Disabilities in Public Schools
- First Aid Training in Public Schools
- Improving Telehealth Practice Standards
- Supporting Interstate Educational Opportunities for Military Children
- Urging Congress to Recognize and Address Veteran Suicide
- Protecting Retired Law Enforcement Dogs
- Improving Mental Health Licensing Requirements
- Streamlining the Process for Private Provider Inspections of Onsite Sewage Treatment and Disposal Systems
- Reclaim the Land Award of Excellence for Community Leadership
- Tallahassee Community College Hall of Fame, 2018
- Innovative Community Engagement Earned Legacy Award, 2018
- Woman of the Year Deerfield Beach Democratic Club, 2013
- Girl Scouts of America, Leon Woman of Distinction Youth & Social Services Award, 2011
- Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce Pace Setter Finalist, Distinguished Leadership Award, 2011
- Children’s Home Society Child Advocate of the Year Central Division Award, 2010
- 2021 Public Service Award from Autism Speaks
- 2021 Legislator of the Year from the Florida State Parks Foundation
- 2021 Ban Assault Weapons Now Gun Safety Champion
- Film Florida 2021 Legislative Star